Oral Surgery/Surgical Extractions
When you’re in need of oral surgery, it’s important to find a dentist who is qualified to perform the procedure you require, whether it is gum surgery or surgical tooth extraction. Dr. Oh at All Smiles Northwest specializes in periodontal surgery to help patients who need treatment for the complications of advanced gum disease. If you’re looking for an oral surgeon in northern Washington, contact our office today for an appointment.
Why You Might Need Periodontal Surgery
If you don’t keep up with your daily brushing and flossing, a bacterial film known as plaque can build up on the surfaces of your teeth. Over time, this can lead to gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease characterized by gum inflammation and bad breath. If your gingivitis goes untreated, it can develop into periodontitis, or advanced gum disease. When periodontitis isn’t treated, it can lead to the breakdown of the tissue that makes up your gums and the supporting bone structures. Eventually, it can lead to tooth loss.
While gingivitis can be treated with daily home care and routine professional cleanings, periodontitis affects areas of your mouth that you can’t reach with a toothbrush or a piece of floss. At this stage, you will need more extensive treatment. Periodontal surgery may be recommended for a number of reasons:
- To remove loose or diseased tissue from your gums.
- To reduce the pockets between your teeth and gums, stopping them from collecting bacteria.
- To reshape the gum tissue around your teeth in order to improve their appearance.
Reasons to Have a Tooth Extracted
While your dentist will work to save your teeth whenever possible, there are some circumstances under which the best course of action is to safely extract the tooth. Once your tooth has been removed, your dentist can replace it using an appropriate treatment such as a bridge or an implant. Some reasons you might need to remove a tooth include:
- You have teeth that have been severely damaged by decay.
- You have a tooth that has sustained a traumatic injury.
- You have teeth that are crowded.
- You have impacted wisdom teeth.
All Smiles Northwest is committed to providing an exceptional level of professional care to all of our patients. Our office serves the area of northern Washington, including Everett and nearby cities such as Mill Creek and Lynnwood. We work to provide a wide range of essential services so our patients can get the dental care they need in one office. For more information, please call our practice at (425) 252-9333.
What Sets Us Apart
- Treating Patients 2 And Older
- Convenient Hours
- Same-Day Appointments
- Family Appointments
- Same-Day Dental Crowns
- Complementary Bleach Trays for New Patients
- Full Service Dentistry For The Entire Family
- Stress-Free Sedation Dental
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening
- Free Invisalign & Teeth Whitening Consultations
- Most Insurance Accepted
- Affordable Discount Dental Plans Available
- Conveniently Located Off I-5 in Everett