Periodontal Procedures in Everett, WA
If you require treatment for complications from periodontal disease, you’ll need to see an experienced periodontist. Dr. Oh is our board-certified periodontist at All Smiles Northwest, specializing in periodontal surgery, oral health rehabilitation, and gum and bone regenerative procedures. We believe that everybody has the right to enjoy a beautiful and healthy smile.
What a Periodontist Can Do for You
Periodontitis is the most advanced form of gum disease. It is essentially a bacterial infection that spreads from the surfaces of your teeth and gums to the underlying structures that support them. When periodontitis is left to flourish in your mouth, it leads to missing teeth and bone loss. A periodontist-a dentist who specializes in treating gum inflammation and gum disease-can provide you with the professional treatment you need.
- Deep cleaning: A deep cleaning-also known as scaling and root planing-is one of the most effective methods of treating periodontitis. During a deep cleaning, your periodontist will use special dental instruments to thoroughly clean the roots of your teeth below the gum line. A local anesthetic will be used to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
- Gum grafting: If your gums are receding and exposing your tooth roots, your periodontist can treat the problem using a gum grafting procedure. During this surgery, tissue will be taken from elsewhere in your mouth and used to cover the tooth root or to increase the size of the gums. This procedure may be performed for aesthetic reasons, but it can also help to prevent complications of periodontitis.
- Crown lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, it can make your teeth look excessively short. Your periodontist can reshape your gum tissue to expose more of your teeth. In addition to improving the look of your smile, crown lengthening can be done when you need more support for a tooth replacement such as a bridge.
- Periodontal pocket reduction: When your gums start to recede, it creates spaces between your teeth and the gum line called periodontal pockets. These pockets trap bacteria, encourage tooth decay, and make it difficult to maintain good oral health. A periodontist can remove infected tissue and smooth out the roots of your teeth so they can naturally reattach themselves to your gums.
If you’re in need of periodontal treatment in Everett, Mill Creek, Lake Stevens, or anywhere else in northern Washington, call (425) 252-9333 to make an appointment at All Smiles Northwest. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the care they need to sustain good oral health. Our conveniently located office can provide most of the dental services you need in a single location, from routine cleanings to oral surgery.
What Sets Us Apart
- Treating Patients 2 And Older
- Convenient Hours
- Same-Day Appointments
- Family Appointments
- Same-Day Dental Crowns
- Complementary Bleach Trays for New Patients
- Full Service Dentistry For The Entire Family
- Stress-Free Sedation Dental
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening
- Free Invisalign & Teeth Whitening Consultations
- Most Insurance Accepted
- Affordable Discount Dental Plans Available
- Conveniently Located Off I-5 in Everett